DECATUR PUBLIC LIBRARY CARDS
- Free to Morgan County residents with valid identification verifying residency and current mailing address.
- Free to individuals who live outside Morgan County but work, attend school or own a business in Morgan County. Present proof (employee check stub, report card, etc.) and proof of current address.
- Non-Resident cards: $15/individual; $25/family. Proof of address is required.
- Internet Use Only cards: Free to those age 16 and older. Present identification with name and address. Previous library card must be clear of overdue items and fines.
- Library cards are valid for one year. Replacement of a lost/missing card is $3.00.
- No minimum age, but persons younger than 16 must have a parent or guardian sign the application stating they will accept financial responsibility.
- All fines/fees must be paid in full and all overdue items returned before a library card can be renewed or replaced.
- Library privileges (borrowing, computer use, etc.) are suspended if more than $5 is owed, or if more than one item is overdue.
- Library cards must be presented for all transactions including the use of public computers.
- You are responsible for the use of your library card. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the Circulation Department: 256.353.2993, ext. 108.
CLICK HERE to download an application.
To obtain your card you may print and fill out the application linked above and present it at Decatur Public Library along with identification. If you have questions about what type of I.D. or proof of address is acceptable, contact our Circulation Desk.
(256) 353-2993 ext. 108.