About the Friends
The Friends of Decatur Public Library is a 501(c)(3) non-profit incorporated association. Our objectives are to:
- Encourage all citizens to make fuller use of the opportunities afforded by the Decatur Public Library for the dissemination of education and culture.
- Provide supplementary materials and equipment to increase the effectiveness and scope of services provided by the Decatur Public Library.
- Foster locally an appreciation of the high standard of service afforded by libraries in general and by the Decatur Public Library in particular.
- To stimulate public interest and support of the Decatur Public Library.
- Develop citizenship, enrichment and education through better reading.
Joining the Friends
We invite you to join the Friends of the Library and help us provide the library with those special amenities and items that cannot be acquired through the library’s regular budget. Our money is obtained through generous memberships and proceeds from the book sale room which always can use more volunteers. We need your help. Membership forms are available at the Library.
- Seniors $10
- Individual $15
- Family $25
- Club, Organization $30
- Sustaining $50
- Patron $100
- Business $50 or $100
To join the Friends, fill out this form and mail to the library at:
504 Cherry St. NE Decatur, AL 35601
Post Office Box 313, Decatur, AL 35602
You can also donate to the Friends through JustGive.org.The Friends of the Library is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. All gifts are tax-deductible. Make checks payable to Friends of the Library.
What do the Friends do and how can I help?
Book Sale Room: Ongoing help for the Book Sale room
Volunteers are needed to work in the Friends Used Book Sale Room to shelve and straighten. Volunteers must be a current member of the Friends of the Library and are asked to work 2+ hours one or two days a week. For more information please call (256) 353-2993 ext. 103.
Donate used books to the Friends of the Library for their book sale room. All proceeds will support the library
Be ready to write a letter to the local paper or politicians in support of the library.