|Books||3 Weeks||Yes (2)*||Yes||25¢||$7.00||50**|
|Books on CD||3 Weeks||Yes (2)*||Yes||25¢||$7.00||4|
|Kits||3 Weeks||Yes (2)*||Yes||$1.00||$10.00||4|
|CDs (music)||3 Weeks||Yes (2)*||Yes||25¢||$7.00||4|
|Interlibrary Loans ($3)||Varies by Lender||No||N/A||$1.00||No Maximum||4|
* Items on reserve cannot be renewed.
** 50 is total checkout allowed at one time—all formats combined
- 3 Book Drops on Sixth Avenue side (1 is for DVD/Audio material only) are provided for your convenience.
- Audio/Visual Material must be returned inside the library or in the video drop. $1.00 charge per item for incorrect returns.
- Lost/damaged items: Replacement cost plus $7.00 processing fee.
PLACE A BOOK ON RESERVE
If the book or audio book you want is already checked out, you may put a reserve (hold) on it by:
- Clicking on the “place hold” button in our catalog (you will then be required to log in)
- Complete a Reserve form with any staff member at Circulation or Reference.
Reserve books are in high demand are loaned for TWO weeks only.
You are limited to four (4) reserves at a time.
The book or audio book must be checked out on the same library card that was used to reserve it.
DVDs are never reserved, renewed or transferred to another card.
SUGGEST A BOOK
Is there something we should have in our collection, but don’t? Request that Decatur Public Library purchase the item!
All requests received full consideration. Decisions as to purchase will be based on the budget, overall usefulness to total public and availability.
To recommend a title for our collection, email the Reference Department with:
- Title of the book
- Author of the book
- your name
- your library card number
We will put in the request for you and, if the library is able to purchase it, we will put it on hold for you once it’s processed.
You can suggest DVD titles but we will not hold these for you once purchased, since DVDs cannot be put on hold.
Order your personal copy through Amazon and Library will get $$$!
The library will receive a portion of the proceeds when you purchase a book through Amazon using the link below.
You can also purchase a book for Decatur Public Library in someone’s honor or memory. Click here to learn more.