Decatur Public Library has:
- 22 public computers, 12 with access to a scanner
- 5 public computers for children 12 and under (in the Children’s Department)
- All have printer access (black & white and color printouts available)
- All have Microsoft Office 2013 & internet access
Your library card allows you 2 hours of computer time each day (1 hour on Sundays) which can be used all at once or in increments throughout the day.
A valid library card is required to use our computers. If you do not have a Decatur Public Library card, please check with the Circulation Desk for a computer card.
- Only 2 persons allowed at a computer at one time.
- No one may use another person’s card number to access a computer.
- Only software owned and installed by the library may be run on any of the public computers. No one may load software from any source or change any settings.
- To save a document you will need a USB flash drive.
- All computer printouts are available on 8 ½” x 11″ paper, only. Black & white prints are are 20¢/page; color prints are $1/page.
- When printing from a computer use the “Print Preview” function to see how many pages are in the document and how the document will look.
- Methods of payment: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
- Select print on the computer
- You will be prompted to enter your “User ID” (your library card number or your name)
- Once you enter your User ID you will see the amount owed for your print job. Click “OK”.
- Pay for your prints at the Circulation Desk if you need to use a credit/debit card; if you are using cash you can pay at Information Services OR Circulation. (Print jobs are retained in the system for two hours).
- Pick up your prints at the Information Services desk.